Why use FreeSwitch?
About this course
How to install and configure a PBX using FreeSwitch
FreeSwitch is a high performance Open Source PBX and SIP Server. This is a practical training for FreeSwitch with many labs. We start from scratch up to the point where you have a basic PBX scenario running. This training id for people who know nothing about FreeSwitch and want a quick start. This training covers:
- Basic directory structure
- SIP profiles
- Connecting IP phones
- Connecting the PBX to a SIP trunk
- Creating a dialplan
- Sending calls to the PSTN using the SIP trunk
- Receiving calls from the SIP trunk
- Implement call classes for domestic, long distance and international calls
- Implement features such as Blind Transfer, Attended Transfer and Call Pickup
- Troubleshooting FreeSwitch
This training is intended for beginners in FreeSwitch, but with some previous knowledge in VoIP, SIP and PBXs.
What you’ll learn
- How to Install FreeSwitch
- How to build a simple PBX using FreeSwitch
- How to use console commands and troubleshooting
- How to create SIP Profiles
- How to create a Dialplan
- How to send calls to a SIP trunk
- How to receive calls from a SIP Trunk
- How to transfer calls blind and attended.
- How to intercept (pickup) calls
- How to troubleshoot FreeSwitch
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Voice over IP
Who this course is for:
- FreeSwitch Administrators
- FreeSwitch Developers
- FreeSwitch consultants