Introduction to Asterisk
Learn how to install and configure an Asterisk PBX, covering version 16 | Instructor dCAP since 2006
This training will teach you how to install Asterisk in an Ubuntu Server, build a complete, fully functional PBX with basic and advanced features.
Asterisk is a great opportunity for thousands of developers, resellers, system integrators, ITSPs, contact centers and small to large companies. You will have the freedom to deliver your own solutions. No more time spent discussing complicated licensing schemes. In our region 9 out of 10 Contact Centers use Asterisk do deliver its services.
A large amount of students who took our classes are now providing services or founded companies to work with Asterisk, Many of them developed dialers, call centers and other applications. Other students grew their businesses by leasing Asterisk boxes as a service, many in the cloud. There are many opportunities for professionals with Asterisk knowledge and experience. From 2005 to 2018 we have taught more than 2500 students at V.Office.
Asterisk is about generating real life results, the cost per T1/E1 port is less than 20% of the incumbents. You won't pay a penny for features such as Interactive Voice Response, VoiceMail, Fax, Queues and Computer Telephony Integration.
Asterisk is much easier than you think, any person with a small knowledge in Linux is capable to build a complete PBX.
The reason I jumped at Asterisk in 2004 was that I was frustrated with the cost of proprietary IP PBXs. I was upset by our vendors forcing us to invest thousands of dollars to sell their products controlling the market. I wanted to deliver for my customers, the best, the simplest and be the real trusted advisor, not only the sales pitcher. Sorry, I can't sell what I don't believe. I decided to investigate Asterisk and from the moment I installed at the first time, I knew it would lead to a revolution in telephony. Asterisk is not only a PBX, it is a sophisticated phone system. With Asterisk you can build PBXs, Voicemail servers, ITSP providers, Contact Centers and Application Servers.
I decided to write a book and it was published in 2005, named "Configuration Guide for Asterisk PBX", translated to Portuguese and Spanish. After this experience, I got my dCAP (Digium Certified Asterisk Professional) in 2006, easily passing the test in the first attempt. Since then, Asterisk has become an important source of work and income. We have installed hundreds of systems. I have actually created a new company called SipPulse Routing and Billing Solutions for SIP based on the experience with Asterisk and OpenSIPS.
This training covers some of the most recent developments of Asterisk such as the version 15 and chan_pjsip.
What is the promise of this training:
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Install an Asterisk box from scratch compiling the source code
- Connect your Asterisk to ITSPs and phone companies using SIP trunks
- Build a complete PBX with IVRs, Voicemail, Follow Me and Conference Rooms
- Activate music on hold
- Transfer, Capture and Park calls
- Use Asterisk behind NAT in a cloud such as AWS
- Use clients behind NAT
- Learn to develop advanced dialplans
- Generate a CDR in a database
- Deploy the required security to avoid being hacked in the first week
What you’ll learn
- Install and configure a complete fully functional PBX
- Make, Receive, Capture, Record and Transfer Calls
- Build an IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- Configure an audio conference room
- Configure a Voice Mail
- Generate CDRs
- Implement the required basic security
- Run clients behind NAT
- Run Asterisk in a cloud such as AWS
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- At least two years of experience with Linux
- At least two years of experience with Local Area Networks
- Familiarity with virtualized environments such as VirtualBox
Who this course is for:
- IP PBX value added resellers tech support and development professionals
- Internet Telephony Service Providers tech support and development professionals
- Call Center tech support and development professionals
- IT consultants
- Telephony consultants